JLiMe MuffinMan Beta Release V2 (little update : poweroff working)

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 10:09:29 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 06:00:19PM -0300, Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> Hi,
>   we have uploaded a new version (v2) of the BETA JLime userland "Muffinman":
>
> http://jlime.com/mw4/index.php/Jlime_Muffinman
>
> You can chek how it looks here :
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDoGNwM_zgg
>
> Jlime Muffinman distribution is a Linux distribution aimed for the Ben
> Nanonote machine. It is built using OpenEmbedded with Jlime look and feel.
>
> In this version we have added a GUI (X+matchbox) with several applications for
> common tasks. The rootfs also brings few CC multimdia files so we can test all
> the applications easily.

Hey, a little update. We uploaded (today) the same rootfs but with this
fixes/adds:

- Poweroff works, so just press the Power ON/OFF button to shutdown and power
  off the machine.
- Now, it is able to use the rootfs with current official bootloader from Qi
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/Ben_NanoNote_2GB_NAND/2010-06-15/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.bin
  If so, then just divide the MicroSD card in two partitions : ext2 and swap.
  Unpackage the Muffinman rootfs on ext2 and boot the system from MicroSD.

Thanks to Lars and Xiangfu to help me to debug the power on/off problem. The kernel
is the same (2.6.34) and you can get all the files and instructions from the
Muffinman wiki page:

http://jlime.com/mw4/index.php/Jlime_Muffinman

Regards,
Rafa