80-column text for the Ben NanoNote

Magnus Bergman magnusbe at algonet.se
Mon Jun 28 22:13:43 EDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 01:45:11 +1200
neil at dist.ro wrote:

> Sorry I don't know if this is old news or not but this is a demo of
> 80-column text on the Ben NanoNote:
>
>   http://amadeus.dist.ro/more80/
>
> It's a demo of two things:
>
>  + A 4x8 pixel font yielding 80-column text
>  + A font designed specifically for the NanoNote's offset pixels
>
> How can I use this font for the console on the NanoNote?

The terminal emulator, nanoterm, I mentioned earlier is now available at
sourceforge [1]. It doesn't (yet) use the un-fuzzy font but I think I
have some idea on how to calculate the color offsets now. So hopefully I
can add it to nanoterm some day soon (if not someone else beats me to
it).

[1] http://nterm.sourceforge.net/