Not much luck sofar: issues

Hans Bezemer thebeez at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 29 12:31:46 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 29 June 2010, developer-request at lists.qi-hardware.com wrote:
Hi!

I think JLime is very interesting. It offers a lot more "user experience" than
OpenWrt. So far, I got nothing to show off than a Doom (without sound) and a
shell prompt.

I got a very early (13 Januari?) version of OpenWrt and tried updating to
2010-06-15 OpenWrt using the SD method. Didn't boot in 5-10 mins. Made a
proper SD card with 8 MB FAT and ext2, put the proper files there. Nothing.
Card is ok, was recognized by OpenWrt and the FAT partition mounted
under /card. Worked fine under the Big Machine too, mounted both fs.

I tried building the OpenWrt from git and it bombed out with a missing zImage.
zImage? Why? Isn't uImage not good enough?

Then I heard Dingux executables work (mostly) out of the box. Can this be
confirmed? And finally - and perhaps more importantly - I got several
x-compilers working. Could the JLime toolchain produce proper executables for
OpenWrt too?

I know, lots of questions. Got the beast only for a week.

Hans Bezemer

--
"First make it work, then improve it."

*** Home of the 4tH compiler! ***