Not much luck sofar: issues

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 13:00:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 06:31:46PM +0200, Hans Bezemer wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010, developer-request at lists.qi-hardware.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think JLime is very interesting. It offers a lot more "user experience" than
> OpenWrt. So far, I got nothing to show off than a Doom (without sound) and a
> shell prompt.

Sorry, I do not understand. You got a doom without sound and shell where? Jlime?

> Then I heard Dingux executables work (mostly) out of the box. Can this be
> confirmed? And finally - and perhaps more importantly - I got several
> x-compilers working. Could the JLime toolchain produce proper executables for
> OpenWrt too?

I think that dingux binaries were working a bit in openwrt. I have not tried,
but I guess that those will not work in jlime, too different toolchains and
environments. Why do you want jlime binaries for openwrt?. The Jlime repository
is built, just needs a few more packages to be complete (I mean, complete=no problems
with dependences). Since both toolchains are too different I think that it
is better to build packages for openwrt using openwrt toolchain, and the same
for jlime. If jlimers want some packages in jlime they should use the same
jlime toolchain. Perhaps I do not undertsand well what do you want to do..

It is not a good idea to use binaries between distributions with differents
toolchains, but that is just my thought, no the expert voice.

Rafa