80-column text for the Ben NanoNote

Magnus Bergman magnusbe at algonet.se
Tue Jun 29 13:37:20 EDT 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 23:42:25 -0400
nebajoth <nebajoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The terminal emulator, nanoterm, I mentioned earlier is now
> > available at sourceforge [1]. It doesn't (yet) use the un-fuzzy
> > font but I think I have some idea on how to calculate the color
> > offsets now. So hopefully I can add it to nanoterm some day soon
> > (if not someone else beats me to it).
> >
> > [1] http://nterm.sourceforge.net/
>
> I'm really excited about this. I'll switch once it does colour.

It actually does color right now (at least it's supposed to). It does
however not implement subpixel color adjustment like the un-fuzzy
font. The biggest problem usabilitywise is the limited keymap (it can
currently not use the kernel keymap). The decoding of the ANSI codes
(escape sequences) isn't perfect either and it might not respect
virtual console switches. Apart from that it kind of works. I'll upload
some screenshots as soon as I get fbdump (or some similar application)
working.