NanoMap

Niels Kummerfeldt niels.kummerfeldt at tu-harburg.de
Wed Jun 2 17:23:29 EDT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 2. Juni 2010, 22:02:03 schrieb David Reyes Samblas Martinez:
> 2010/6/2 jirka <jirka at penguin.cz>:
> > Hello Niels,

Hi

> > Thanks once more - it's surprisingly fast!

Thanks for you kind words

> > It will be nice to have these features:
> > - saving of last position before exit

no, problem I guess. Do you need this for the network mode only or for each
offline map you load separately?

> > - download of several map levels at once (like TangoGPS does)

What would be the use case for this? Beeing faster to use? Having tiles offline
available tough you didn't look at them directly?

> > - import of POIs

That needs a bit of thinking, because it will be quite slow. The OSM-API is
not really fast and parsing the xml will probably take a while too, depending
on how large an area you want to download. Should the POIs be displayed in the
map or just listed somewhere? Something like: find the nearest restaurant?

> > Do you thing that is is possible?
> >
> > Many thanks and best regards,
> > Jiri Brozovsky
>
> Can I add prepare it for read GPS?, serial modules or through SDIO can
> be added in next future

Sure you can. I've already got a class written for another project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ptolemaeus/) that connects to gpsd. I can
copy that one over easily. (I actually bought the NanoNote under wrong
information it would have a USB host to connect it to my GPS logger and ported
gpsbabel to use it for this purpose. But well ...)