Nanonote-Debian key map problem

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 06:09:40 EDT 2010

2010/6/4 Rubén Berenguel <ruben at mostlymaths.net>:
> Hi all,
>
> as you may remember, I installed debian very recently. So far so
> good... But the key map is not that good. As I know David has the same
> rootfs as I do... David, Shift-R does indeed write a R? I have checked
> (in Emacs), and almost half the shift-letters (caps) do not work as
> intended.
>
> Any work around? This severely cripples my use for it... Marc, did you
> find this too?
>
> Ruben
>

> --
> ====================================
> * Rubén Berenguel
> * http://www.mostlymaths.net
> ====================================

Rubén

Sorry I can help you much because, my keyboard work ok under emacs,
either directly on vga, or under framebuffer console with fbterm, (and
thru ssh but it don't use the BNN keyboard).
I have all keys basic, shift, symbol, fn, alt is correctly mapped to meta.

My Keyboard don't work well when I try to use Xorg (which in any case
is too big for anything but a test, on BNN), or kdrive. In this case I
have no shift, no modifier. But I suppose you don't use emacs on X.

Have you also some problem under ssh?

Marc

PS. As a side note if somebody has set a kbdmap for use with X on BNN,
It would be nice to share it.