install Debian in SD card

Suresh P psuresh at riseup.net
Sat Jun 5 11:12:04 EDT 2010

Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> writes:

> Hi All
>
> today I try the install Debian to SD card:
>
> Prepare SD card:
> 1. format your sd card to one ext2  partition.
> 2. wget http://mister-muffin.de/nanonote/debian-sid-mipsel.tar.lzma
> 3. tar xvf debian-sid-mipsel.tar.lzma -C /PATH/TO/YOUR/SDCARD/
> 4. wget http://pyneo.org/downloads/nano/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-uImage.bin
> 5. cp openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-uImage.bin /PATH/TO/YOUR/SDCARD/boot/uImage
>
> Prepare bootloader:
> 6. refresh the last uboot:
>      wget http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/xiangfu/tmp/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.bin
>      sudo usbboot -c "boot;nprog 0 openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.bin 0 0 -n"
>
> 7. then press [M] when power-on.
>
> now "apt-get update" :-)

I also follwed the same method for trying debian on NanoNote, But failed
with debian.sid as I could not get login terminal.Then, I tried with
debian-lenny.tgz.It was successful but the apt-get update failed with a
Bus Error Message even after removing the *.bin files from
/var/cache/apt. What could be the reason?

Meanwhile installing debian on NAND failed miserably after severel
attempts.

suresh