Nanonote not charging (more or less) when on

nebajoth nebajoth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 19:31:36 EDT 2010

If the capacity value is based on the max_voltage and min_voltage, then
it fluctuates on the way down too.  I wrote a short python script to
interpolate the min max and now values in
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/ and display a calculated percentage
charge.  As part of that process, at one point I ran a `watch cat
now_voltage` (don't have the NN here, so I'm definitely paraphrasing),
with a 0.2s interval.  I noticed the voltage would dip and then come
back up and then go back down again.  It was basically three steps down,
two steps up.  The voltage varies a lot in a single second, and if
capacity is based on it (which I suspect it is), there can very well be
some fluctuation observed, even during charging.

As for SLOW charging speeds, I cannot comment.  Your scenario breaks my
brain a little.  You might need to break down and run a proper control
for the experiment. :P