kdrive

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 03:28:12 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:35 AM, nebajoth <nebajoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Epic.  Very cool, Marc.  Did you switch to another tty to run htop?

No htop run from a ssh session, you see the dropbear daemon in htop,
and one bash session is from ssh

>  I can't believe htop is the process consuming the most resources in htop.
>  It seems like it should rip a hole in the space/time continuum,
> somehow.  I'd be interested to see the results of an htop from an ssh
> session while actively using the Kdrive environment, rather than from a
> tty, which backgrounds the resource consumption of the Kdrive
> environment.  But any way you slice it, this is definitely cool.

As said before htop is from a ssh session. It would be more
interesting to do the ssh when actively resizing or moving the image,
or such cpu intensive task, but presently I have only two hands.

In any case for BNN what you may have to watch is not only the CPU but
also the memory.  It is why I ordered my htop with decreasing memory,
I look mainly to the *RES* column. And what I see is that Xfbdev,
ratpoison, feh have quite low memory footprint. But it would be better
to replace Xterm by something lighter (the problem is that most light
X terminal don't support utf8), and if you have many shell it would be
better to avoid bash. My script are run by sh handled by dash, but for
an interactive session dash is not convenient, the busybox ash is an
interesting middle way, less powerfull and less memory hungry than
bash, more powerfull and bigger than dash.