sleep/standby and disable microphone?

David Rysdam david at rysdam.org
Tue Jun 8 08:26:54 EDT 2010

I'm thinking about getting a NanoNote for use as a programmable
calculator that actually fits in my pocket.  However, I have two questions:

1) I can't figure out from the wiki if it has a standby/lower-power
mode.  Will I have to boot up every time I want to use my calculator?
And if it can sleep, how long will the battery last in that mode?

2) In order to be useful to me, I have to carry the device into some
areas where certain types of hardware aren't allowed.  At the very
least, I can't have a microphone.  How hard would it be for me to remove
it?  While keeping audio-out working?