Keyboard Issue

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 02:41:21 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 5:17 AM, nebajoth <nebajoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Xiangfu Liu,
>        Actually, it turns out that that is what I already have.  I was wrong
> about what was causing my issue.  I cannot use the + key; shift does not
> work on that keypad to create the character.  There are a couple others,
> too, but they're all characters created by the RED shift.  Specifically:
> the euro character created by REDSHIFT + D, and the REDSHIFT+S, and
> REDSHIFT+A are all buggy or do nothing.  I don't know very much about
> keymaps.  What do I have to do to fix this?
>
> On 06/09/2010 11:08 PM, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
>> Hi nebajoth
>>
>> attach is the file,
>>
>> On 06/10/2010 10:09 AM, nebajoth wrote:
>>> I did a `sudo dpkg-reconfigure -a` in a Debian install, and somehow
>>> ended up with in my /etc/default/keyboard (I actually I remember
>>> agreeing to it, its all on me).  What I need are the previous contents
>>> of /etc/default/keyboard.  So if someone could pastebin it for me, that
>>> would be great.  Of course there's probably a way to access the rootfs
>>> directly...

My note at beginning of :
http://www.mzlinux.org/node/386#console_keymap may apply:
"Before modifying your keymap you have to know that if you change your
keymap and end up with an unusable keyboard, you can remove
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz, and remove any configuration of kbd or
console-tools and reboot your system. It will load the kernel keymap."

Marc