Sound card support in BNN-debian

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 04:02:57 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:04 AM, nebajoth <nebajoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Suresh,
>        I have working sound in a Debian install.  Here are the contents of my
> /etc/modules file.
>
> # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
> #
> # This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
> # at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
> # Parameters can be specified after the module name.
>
> soundcore
> snd
> snd-page-alloc
> snd-hwdep
> snd-seq-device
> snd-rawmidi
> snd-timer
> snd-pcm
> snd-mixer-oss
> snd-pcm-oss
> snd-soc-core
> snd-soc-jz4740
> snd-soc-jz4740-i2s
> snd-soc-jzcodec
> snd-soc-qi-lb60
>

> On 06/09/2010 10:38 AM, Suresh P wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried snd* modules from the openwrt rootfs with the debian
>> system. But the amixer complains that no device found.What is order in
>> which the modules are to be loaded?
>>
>> suresh

I agree with nebajoth, I use now similar settings, previously I had
also some problem with sound on Debian.
It comes from the fact that there is no dependency  dependency from
snd-soc-core to snd-soc-qi-lb60,
if you load sound modules you load snd-soc-core that load
snd-soc-jz4740, but  snd-soc-qi-lb60 is let alone
so you have to have an explicit line for loading it and cannot rely to moddep.

An other problem that I don't understand with sound is the low level
of the mic. It is the same thing on openwrt or Debian and the mic is
hardly usable. Is it a hardware problem or a driver problem. I suppose
you have previously tested the microphone at QI?

Marc