Sound card support in BNN-debian

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Thu Jun 10 05:39:13 EDT 2010

Marc,

> hardly usable. Is it a hardware problem or a driver problem. I suppose
> you have previously tested the microphone at QI?

Must be a driver problem, and no, the microphone was never tested with
free software before, so you are a real pioneer :-)
If you ask how is it possible to produce and test devices on the production
line then the answer is that we are still using proprietary software there,
so it's not our Linux kernel that is used for production and testing.

For Ya NanoNote we will try to have freed up the production testing software
as well, actually that's why it's great we are now in the process of going
through all peripherals and making everything work perfectly in free software.

Wolfgang