Nanonote running Abiword

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 16:57:37 EDT 2010

2010/6/10 Rubén Berenguel <ruben at mostlymaths.net>:
> Wow, really nice. Maybe I should try also fluxboxing it (I'm a big
> fluxbox fan, it is my wm in all my Linuxes, ever). Pity I can't get it
> in my Macbook!
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 18:29, Alexander Langshall <frankblues at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCoCciVicY
>>
>> Details: NN running jlime from SD card, Xfbdev, icewm (I've since changed to
>> fluxbox), and abiword. Everything seems to work fine *except* the numeric
>> keys. Any ideas on a workaround for that?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex

Interesting, what driver do you use for Xfbdev, myself I use evdev, I
suppose you don't do the same because before configuring xkb, I had
only lower case working. With evdev configuring the input you must
provide a xkb keymap, but with an other driver it may be different.

Quite interesting to see this abiword, I would not have had the idea
of trying it, of course because I'm not a big user of these "word
processor" (emacs+latex is good for me) but also because I would never
have imagined that it could run with a 32M ram without swapping
constantly. Could you tell how much resident RAM it uses?

As wm, even if I use fluxbox on all my computers on nano I find
ratpoison very convenient, because it does not need rat or mouse, has
very small footprint, and also because it use these stacked and
maximized windows (monocle mode), and also because all the facilities
to control everything with the keyboard.

Marc