emacs OpenWRT port (was: Booting OpenWRT and Debian)

Thomas Karpiniec tk at 1.21jiggawatts.net
Sat Jun 12 04:42:33 EDT 2010

Hi Ruben and list,

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 09:50:21 +0200, Rubén Berenguel
<ruben at mostlymaths.net> wrote:
> We need an emacs port for OpenWRT!

I'm working on one but it's proving tricky on account of the build process
using intermediate binaries. The basic process seems to be build a tiny
emacs -> fire it up, load a bunch of modules -> dump to a full-featured
emacs, and compile a bunch of elisp scripts too. The "fire it up" stage is
obviously a problem for cross-compilation.

I'm busy with exams over the next week and a half so if anyone's in a
hurry to get it working here's my initial (but incomplete!) Makefile and
collection of patches: http://1.21jiggawatts.net/u/emacs-wip.tar.bz2

Cheers,

Tom