emacs OpenWRT port (was: Booting OpenWRT and Debian)

Thomas Karpiniec tk at 1.21jiggawatts.net
Sat Jun 12 04:53:42 EDT 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:47:03 +0200, Rubén Berenguel
<ruben at mostlymaths.net> wrote:
> Once I have my toolchain installed again I'll give it a try. I read
> somewhere else about just creating the small emacs file and then
> halting the compilation (just create the barebones emacs executable).
> Maybe this could help?

I think that's our best bet. With the patches I posted it does finish
building the minimal emacs but I haven't worked out how to make the rest of
the build process go away, or determined what files other than the binary
may be necessary in the installation. I'll get back into it next week.

A small memory footprint probably isn't such a bad thing for a NN either.
:)

Cheers,

Tom