U-Boot crashes when trying to boot microSD-card

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Jun 22 15:48:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

I got my hands on a nanonote at LinuxTAG (at the hackabledevices boost).
Very nice toy.  Unfortunately I have way too few time currenty to really
start hacking on it.

This weekend I installed Debian Squeeze on an SD-card, by running the
Debian installer via chroot out of the openwrt system.

I then put the Kernel from
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/Ben_NanoNote_2GB_NAND/2010-06-15/
into the /boot directory of the Debian installation.

My system is up-to-date, with the 2010-06-05 firmware installed via
reflash_ben.sh.

Now when I try to boot Debian by pressing On+M, booting fails with the
following display:

  http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/david/nanonote/IMGP2563.JPG

Note the screen corruption at the lower left part of the display.

I'm booting from a 4GB microSD card.  This is the partition table
(according to fdisk):

  Disk /dev/sdb: 3998 MB, 3998220288 bytes
  43 heads, 16 sectors/track, 11350 cylinders, total 7809024 sectors
  Units = sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
  Disk identifier: 0x000db20c

  /dev/sdb1            8192     7618559     3805184   83  Linux
  /dev/sdb3         7675904     7809023       66560   82  Linux swap / Solaris

Are there any known problems when booting with the 2010-06-05 u-boot?
What else can I try?  If you want, I can make available an image file of
my sd card.

I could also file a report with your issue tracker, however, I didn't
yet find out what the correct project to file for would be.

thanks for any help

cheers,

David

PS: if there is interest, I'm going to add a wiki page describing the
installation method.  well, if i manage to finally get it work.