U-Boot crashes when trying to boot microSD-card

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:44:39 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 09:48:22PM +0200, David Kuehling wrote:

> I got my hands on a nanonote at LinuxTAG (at the hackabledevices boost).
> Very nice toy.  Unfortunately I have way too few time currenty to really
> start hacking on it.
>
> This weekend I installed Debian Squeeze on an SD-card, by running the
> Debian installer via chroot out of the openwrt system.
>
> I then put the Kernel from
> http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/Ben_NanoNote_2GB_NAND/2010-06-15/
> into the /boot directory of the Debian installation.
>
> My system is up-to-date, with the 2010-06-05 firmware installed via
> reflash_ben.sh.
>
> Now when I try to boot Debian by pressing On+M, booting fails with the
> following display:
>
>   http://mosquito.dyndns.tv/david/nanonote/IMGP2563.JPG

I am trying to follow you, but I am a bit confused :)
It is not clear which bootloader works well for every option.
Is not the jpg showing that it is trying to boot from mmc?
Is not the mmc the nand there?. Sorry if I am really lost.

For jlime I use this bootloader to boot from MicroSD:
http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/xiangfu/tmp/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.bin

The official bootloader did not work for us.

Also, the kernel you use is the kernel for NAND. If all the config
options for all the hardware that Ben Nanonote has were set
you should not have problems to use it in micro sd, but
we had to use our own config for Jlime. Also, that kernel
was built using the toolchain Qi uses, but your Debian
binaries could be built using a different toolchain.
Perhaps it would be better if you build your own kernel
using your Debian toolchain.

Regards,
Rafael

--