sdcard Input/output error

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 23:06:59 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> wrote:
> Richard Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> it's auto mount to /card when nanonote boot.
>>
>> Well, indeed it does. However, even with the card mounted on /card I
>> still do not have problems creating directories on it. Perhaps you
>> have your card in RO mode, or perhaps you have a hardware problem.
>>
> Hi Richard, Zear
>
> remount the sdcard. the error is gone. here is the mount option different[1]
>
> I found the mount option is different. the system mount the sdcard with
> "sync"
> option.
>
> the sdcard is 8GB.
>

> [1]
> system auto mount:
> /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /card type ext2 (rw,sync,relatime,errors=continue)
> manual mount:
> /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt type ext2 (rw,relatime,errors=continue)

OK, but there is still the issue that if you plug a card into a
running system it seems to be mounted on /mnt/mmcblk0p1, while if you
reboot with the card plugged in, it gets mounted on /card.

This is an inconsistency that should be removed. Perhaps I will look
at this tonight.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe