Small error in the NanoNote info guide ...

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sun Mar 14 01:05:37 EST 2010

Richard,

> The word "shorten" is incorrect. "shorten" means reduce in length. You
> mean "short," and in "short/connect two pins together."

Great, thanks. For now I just wrote up an issue about it in the issue tracker...
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/p/ben-nanonote/issues/39/

The sources for the manual are in projects as well
http://projects.qi-hardware.com/p/ben-nanonote/source/tree/master/manual

> BTW, how do I connect a serial cable? Do I have to solder wires to the
> three pads under the battery?

Yes, there is a tutorial here:
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Soldering_RXD/TXD/GND_to_Ben_NanoNote

Not sure how good you are with soldering. If you are good, I think it's
easy. If not and you apply too much heat, the test points may come off.

Wolfgang