A proposal on SAKC

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Tue Mar 16 04:31:12 EDT 2010

Hi,

> There isn't some existing stacking / size standards like pc104 (but
> smaller) that could be used?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_form_factor seems to have a
> pretty exhaustive list of existing size standards.

This list is mainly described for standard like rackmount system
traditionally. For example 19" rack etc. But I am saying that how to
arrange/placement a good the stacking connection between SAKC core
board and daugter boards. If can make an easy like Arduino shield
structure or like [1] Surveyor's with Blackfin core board, then having
an expansion module for versatile I/O purposes. A strong & accessible
connection can be achieved. So any other h/w hackers can produce their
own daugter boards to connect SAKC.

so we need to build a great square extendable headers sturcture, even
I think that next KiCad version the LCD connector changed to like 2*
20 header. Then just likely build a Base Expansion Module.
Adam

[1] http://surveyor-corporation.stores.yahoo.net/