image updates

ghislain at basetrend.nl ghislain at basetrend.nl
Tue Mar 23 08:11:00 EDT 2010

Mirko Vogt wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> New images got uploaded a few minutes ago (2010-03-22)
>
> The most important changes are:
>
>  - screen now _really_ gets blanked when device is in idle
>  - sound issues got fixed
>  - fixed unreliable I/O in mmc driver
>  - qt4 is now built in including some examples and demos
>
> When launching qt4-applications "-qws -display directfb" need to be
> passed for now, e.g. for the coverflow like fluidlauncher:
>
> ( cd /usr/share/Qt/demos/embedded/fluidlauncher/ ; \
> ./fluidlauncher -qws -display directfb )
>
> Have fun and keep on hacking! :)
>
> mirko

Hi Mirko, thanks for the update.
I wanted to know how to build the images myself. When I follow the
instructions (build toolchain etc) from the wiki-page I get a rootfs
that is a lot smaller than the one provided by you. Can you post a
procedure how to build these images?

Regards,
Ghislain

BaseTrend - openmobile.nl