Ben Nanonote boot image

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 18:56:29 EDT 2010

Curiosity question: how will your image differ from the OpenWRT image
that Qi Hardware provides? There's is totally free, open, libre.

There are a couple of interesting OS projects happening for Nanonote:

-- a built from scratch OS that is not derived from anything else.
-- a port of Inferno, the Bell Labs successor to Unix.

I ~really~ like those very clearly differentiated OS projects which are targeted
at Nanonote. But respectfully,  do we need another flavor of OpenWRT?

I am not convinced. <g>

Speaking ONLY for myself, my dream is that with Nanonote we are able
to avoid the Tragedy of the Open Moko (my phrase,,,;) where there it
came to pass that there were so many competing distributions that it
was VERY confusing to an average user.

I am a bystander and do NOT speak for the project in any way shape or form.
YMMV
---
Ron K. Jeffries