Ben Nanonote boot image

Jason Self jason at bluehome.net
Thu Mar 25 20:05:25 EDT 2010

Ron K. Jeffries <rjeffries at gmail.com> wrote ..
> Curiosity question: how will your image differ from the OpenWRT image
> that Qi Hardware provides? There's is totally free, open, libre.

As I understand it OpenWRT does contain non-free software. LibreWRT that he and others are
working on got started at LibrePlanet at [1] and contains only free software, with the goal of
producing something that the Free Software Foundation could recommend.

All this said, if upstream wants to adopt the changes being made instead of maintaining them as a
something separate I think that would be a good thing but a free software alternative should exist,
whether upstream makes use of our efforts or not.

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/LibrePlanet2010/Hacking/LibreWrt