[per.zetterberg at ee.kth.se: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio]

cristian paul peñaranda rojas paul at kristianpaul.org
Tue Mar 30 09:39:26 EDT 2010

----- Forwarded message from Per Zetterberg <per.zetterberg at ee.kth.se> -----

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:29:36 +0200
From: Per Zetterberg <per.zetterberg at ee.kth.se>
To: George Nychis <gnychis at cmu.edu>
Cc: cristian paul peñaranda rojas <paul at kristianpaul.org>,
	developer at lists.qi-hardware.com, discuss-gnuradio at gnu.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio

Hi All,

If we had an fpga image that allowed us to store samples on the USRP2
that would be very benefitial, at least for me. Then one could test
algorithms with 100MHz sample-rate. Yes, it would not be possible to
use the channel continously. Receiving 1ms of samples would take 4ms
to upload. However, using the time-stamp functionality one can
synchronize nodes to transmit and receive at the same time and thereby
enable testing e.g. interference rejection algorithms.

BR/
Per