How many individuals have Nanonotes so far?

mark adrian bell m487396 at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:44:15 EDT 2010

I just got mine in the mail today.

Things I can see to play with right away:

The vi/vim editor. I'm actually more used to Emacs, but it doesn't look that hard to learn:
http://www.unix-manuals.com/tutorials/vi/vi-in-10-1.html

The bc program for math calculations:
http://www.basicallytech.com/blog/index.php?/archives/23-command-line-calculations-using-bc.html

The Lua scripting language:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/TutorialDirectory

The Awk text processing language:
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Awk.html#uh-0

The mcedit text editor, for when I'm too tired to figure out Vim:
http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/mcedit1.html

The Aplay command line music player. Must see if it will play my .ogg files off a microsd card:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Aplay

Things I'd like to do:

- set up a user account /home/mark.... OpenWrt has no addusr command. I suspect that Linux from Scratch will be useful for finding out how to do this:
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/

- set my date and time zone. Once again, Linux from Scratch will probably have instructions. I bet Gentoo Linux has instructions also:
http://www.gentoo.org/

- Use my Nanonote as an alarm clock.

Kind regards to everyone involved in this project!

-- mark adrian bell
   sydney, australia
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/m487396/