Spectec SDW-823 WiFi available on Amazon

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:27:47 EDT 2010

Yes I agree, the price (about $118 USD) makes the Spectec WiFi card
 ~not~ interesting for 99 pct of Nanonote users.

FWIW, my mistake was doing a search for the right part number, but
not noticing when Amazon returned a similar by SD form factor card (which
is priced at only $35).

Since there are already netbooks with 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive and Wifi
that cost between $200 to $300 USD, adding significant cost
to a Nanonote is a non-starter. Yes , I know, what I am referring to
is not a copyleft solution. While I support the copyleft philosophy,
that does not mean I will ~only~ use hardware that follows that licensing
model.

---
Ron K. Jeffries
http://ronkjeffries.posterous.com