RF and DTN networking

Brian Stuart blstuart at gmail.com
Thu May 6 09:45:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:51 AM, JDH services <jaydeeaich at gmail.com> wrote:

>  My first thought was to layer it on top of Zigbee, but Zigbee lacks a
> P2P architecture and it is proprietary.
> I then looked at making my own stack on top of IEEE 802.15.4.

I did a little work with 802.15.4 a year or so ago, and it was pretty
pleasant (compared to undocumented 802.11 devices, at least).  There's an
RFC for running IPv6 over it.  I implemented that and was on the verge of
looking at some mesh networking with the device when the company decided to
lay off about 1000 of us.  So that's definitely a doable way to approach it.

Sounds interesting, and good luck,
BLS