RF and DTN networking

JDH services jaydeeaich at gmail.com
Sat May 8 07:25:11 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Juan Camilo Chaparro Marroquín
<jcchaparro9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> For higher
> bandwith, like it may be needed for sharing info, you may wnat to go
> straight to wi-fi or to UWB, though it depends on the application you're
> aiming to.

Isn't UWB dead? To quote Wikipedia, "UWB has been a proposed
technology for use in personal area networks and appeared in the IEEE
802.15.3a draft PAN standard. However, after several years of
deadlock, the IEEE 802.15.3a task group was dissolved in 2006. Slow
progress in UWB standards development, high cost of initial
implementations and performance significantly lower than initially
expected are some of the reasons for the limited success of UWB in
consumer products, which caused several UWB vendors to cease
operations during 2008 and 2009."

> I like better the hoperf modules than th TI modules as there may be more
> feedback towards open hardware projects than with TI, from what I read on

What messages? "Zigbee TI CC2530 Flash programming info" is all I
chould find anything on Qi-Hardward

Ti was two new $75 mini Dev kits
CC1110DK-MINI-868 for the CC1110 in 868/915 MHz
CC2510DK-MINI for the CC2510 2.4 GHz