What do HopeRF modules cost?

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Mon May 10 18:01:43 EDT 2010

JDH,

> Are you sure about the modules having a built-in antenna?
> All the devices I've found that use them have an external antenna.

No not sure. I think I was told they work without an antenna as well,
but I didn't look into it further. I assumed 'without antenna' means
there is some antenna on the module, but that's just a guess. Maybe
they don't even work 'without antenna'.

> P.S. So the RF12 fans don't feel envious of all the IM-ME hacking
>
> https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=546270&fcc_id='NS634727-1-900'
>
> It's called an ETEK's RF12, but looks like it's based on the same
> Integration/Silicon Labs IP as HopeRF's RFM12
>
> The datasheet is an appendex to the 'Technical Description'

You mean the Radica IM Me device?
http://www.amazon.com/Radica-IM-Wireless-Handheld-Device/dp/B000NX1LUM
Where is the hacking going on? Any URLs?
You are saying HopeRF's RFM12 is based on Integration/Silican Labs IP.
Can you tell us more about this? Is this good or bad? :-)

Cheers,
Wolfgang