What do HopeRF modules cost?

JDH services jaydeeaich at gmail.com
Mon May 10 20:35:03 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:
> You mean the Radica IM Me device?
> http://www.amazon.com/Radica-IM-Wireless-Handheld-Device/dp/B000NX1LUM

Yep that's the IM-ME I was talking about. I thought it was mentioned
before here. It's CC1110 not RFM12.

I'm favoring the CC11xx as they do 500kbps and use the 800 and 900Mhz
with the same hardware.

> Where is the hacking going on? Any URLs?

http://hackaday.com/tag/im-me/

reprograming the console:
http://travisgoodspeed.blogspot.com/2010/03/im-me-goodfet-wiring-tutorial.html
Drivers: http://im-megpldrivers.sourceforge.net/
PC side hacks: http://imme.sourceforge.net/

Here is a link to the RipRoAR messenger.
http://www.amazon.com/Manley-34727-Rip-Roar-Messanger/dp/B000P446BA
Same price at the IM-ME but has slide out keyboard with a five-way
navigation pad.

> You are saying HopeRF's RFM12 is based on Integration/Silican Labs IP.
Si4420 = IA4420 = RF(M)12 (Transceiver)

http://olek.tk/en/rfm12.php

> Is this good or bad? :-)

No idea.
Chipcon/TI also uses Silican Labs. The MCU core in the CC111xFx and CC251xFx SoC

OH. and if anyone interested in CC1100 SoC not based on a 8051 TI has
MSP430 based ones

http://focus.ti.com/paramsearch/docs/parametricsearch.tsp?familyId=1663&sectionId=95&tabId=2428&family=mcu

No idea why they aren't listed with their RF ICs