Presenting the OpenMotic Project

Juan Camilo Chaparro Marroquín jcchaparro9 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 23:05:46 EDT 2010

Hi Ron:

The ID800WT comes with a linux distro, though it's a little tricky (to say
the least) to work from there. The distribution seems to be called Zydas,
like the Wi-Fi dongle it uses, but I didn't went any further...

Confirmed it is an 8" TFT LCD
The 512 RAM does not count the original firmware which takes some 90MB out
of it, it is in fact a NAND memory.

About the hacks you are proposing, setting up an AVR should be really easy
using the USB device port, you only need to compile the driver form
Ingenic's kernel. Haven't tried it yet, but I will add it to my TODO list.

You can add a usb keyboard through the USB device port as well, I do not
have one for testing, but I have tried a mouse and it worked
instantaneously.

I do not think the Sungale ID800WT can best a full development board as the
Hawkboard, but I'm sure a Qi's platform like the one Carlos and Wolfgang are
preparing will.

Please let me know if you want me to try other things as well, I will try my
best :).

Best Regards,

Juan Camilo