Arduino on SACK (again :P ) [was Re: Editing, building, and flashing an arduino sketch directly form Ben]

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Thu May 13 19:06:21 EDT 2010

Carlos,
The following is born more from intuition than real knowledge please
tellme if following is even  possible.
one of my new "obsesions" once this is almost done (tutorial pending),
is to embbed in the FPGA of SACK an atmel compatible with that
avr-tools and if I remember well you will put a serial connection
between The mips procesor an FPGA so this will ease a lot the thing
Once, I post in this list this
http://blog.gadgetfactory.net/2010/04/run-arduino-sketches-on-fpga.html,
so my questions are:
Is posible to put this in SACKS FPGA as starter point?
What is the teorical maximum capacity of this FPGA in Arduinos as unit
of measurament : P, should be possible to reach the Arduino Mega
levels of I/O/Memory/Speed?
I know SACK is more than just that... just the fact that you can have
multiples Arduinos cores, is awesome. But the real fact and than
really kick ass is that this is just one use case :), yes I want one
of those I haven't see an FPGA in my life, but well I also never see
an Arduino 2 years ago :P