SD communication protocol

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Wed May 19 10:31:17 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Antti Lukats
<antti.lukats at googlemail.com>wrote:

> we would of course implement the SDIO Uart protocol
> thats the basis for the rest..

That would be very useful

ok, we want to optimize the cost too, so maybe lower priced setup
> would not be full SDIO spec, but it would be useable
> with ben's sd slot as uart

Great, do you have an estimation of which FPGA can implement this IP ?

> BTW, for those who dont know bens SD/SDIO slot can not operate in SPI mode
> :( so very simple attachments are not possible

Yes, its a shame

Carlos

> Antti
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez
> <david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
> > an uart without need to solderiring will be also awesome
> >
> > 2010/5/19 Carlos Camargo <cicamargoba at gmail.com>:
> >> This project is done? we can to make a simple I/O interface, maybe using
> >> small FPGA or CPLD if possible.
> >> Can we collaborate?
> >> Best Regards
> >>
> >> Carlos
> >> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Antti Lukats <
> antti.lukats at googlemail.com>

> >> --
> >> Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
> >> Profesor Asistente
> >> Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica
> >> Universidad Nacional de Colombia
> >> cicamargoba at unal.edu.co

> > --
> > David Reyes Samblas Martinez
> > http://www.tuxbrain.com
> > Open ultraportable & embedded solutions
> > Ben NanoNote, Arduino, Openmoko
> > Hey, watch out!!! There's a linux in your pocket!!!

Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
Profesor Asistente
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
cicamargoba at unal.edu.co