SD communication protocol

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Wed May 19 10:43:42 EDT 2010

Hi

> well, linux should have sdio uart built in :)

My students are trying to implement a basic SDIO layer, but, they are using
an existing project [1].

I don't know if this code works (Is my students work :) )

> so the goal is to have no extra drivers needed, but
> there would be later need to test the special things as well
> we did buy one ben just for the SDIO testing, but so far we
> have only done as much as connecting it 16804A and checking
> out that that ben (factory image) does send 0x05 command
> that is it does try to init SDIO :)

what made us very happy.. that is the default image maybe
> already useable (to some extent) for SDIO use (at least testing)

If you need some help with this project don't  hesitate  to ask us, I think
that you are working on a lot of projects :)

Best Regards

Carlos

> Antti

 [1] http://bknpk.no-ip.biz/my_web/SDIO/

Carlos

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Carlos Camargo <cicamargoba at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > If you want, we can test your old projects on BEN, Do you have the Linux
> > drivers for your SD drivers?
> >
> > Carlos
> >
> > On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Antti Lukats <
> antti.lukats at googlemail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> we are developing own SD/SDIO/MMC device side IP cores, so the gadgets
> >> would run at full speed
> >> that is at least 25mhz/4 bit mode, nothing much to see, all tests on
> >> FPGA development boards.
> >> ah, actually I have 4 different old prototypes in SD/microSD format
> >> but well we will be making
> >> new ones soon, then also pics
> >>
> >> Antti

> slot

> /openwrt-xburst/build_dir/linux-xburst_qi_lb60/linux-2.6.32.10/driver

> > --
> > Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
> > Profesor Asistente
> > Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica
> > Universidad Nacional de Colombia
> > cicamargoba at unal.edu.co

Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño
Profesor Asistente