RoHS, FCC, CE, other Certification for SAKC?

Carlos Camargo cicamargoba at gmail.com
Sun May 23 17:09:54 EDT 2010

  RoHS compliance is mandatory. We must decide if we use SAKC as development
board or as platform for commercial purposes, for the first-one, we can a
similar strategy like beagle boards, for commercial applications we must
comply with additional certifications.

Carlos

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:57 AM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez <
david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:

> +1 to the RoHS,
> Regarding CE, in spite of we can not do it on relase,as Wolgang said
> we must take care than most of OEM that want to include it will claim
> to have it to consider it as part of their solution, so we have to
> have this in mind to avoid business opportunities.
>
> Regards
>
> 2010/5/23 Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc>:
> > Yi,
> >
> >> This evaluation board/kit does not fall within the scope of the
> >> European Union directives regarding electromagnetic compatibility,
> >> restricted substances (RoHS), recycling (WEEE), FCC, CE or UL, and
> >
> >> Looks like BeagleBoard didn't have any of the certificates. Will be
> >> this sufficient for SAKC?
> >
> > I didn't know that BeagleBoard says it does 'not fall within the scope
> > of' for example RoHS. Not sure whether the actual board is RoHS compliant
> > or not.
> > At the very least, SAKC should be RoHS compliant, and there should not
> > be a need for us to say that we don't fall within the scope of that
> > directive. It's important that we design the board in such a way that
> > someone else can later build a final product that can meet RoHS, CE
> > & FCC and other necessary requirements.
> >
> > How best to achieve that?
> > Maybe have a disclaimer just like BeagleBoard, but include RoHS
> compliance?
> >
> > Thanks for bringing this up!
> > Wolfgang

> --