Open SmartGrid proposal

JDH services jaydeeaich at gmail.com
Mon May 24 07:12:14 EDT 2010

remember that any RF communications is going to have to have to have a
seprate system PHY layers for each nation. :(
So it's best to keep away from using radio communication shemes if you
want to make an international standured.

Sending data in the 0-crossings of AC power is faerly simple but gets
doesn't make it though transformers.

Adding a seprate communication wire is probily your best option.

Retrofitable to dumb grids.
Internation.
Cheap.
Choose as two. :P

On 5/21/10, cristian paul peñaranda rojas <paul at kristianpaul.org> wrote:
> First let me said, great idea ! cheers on that
>

>  > Hi Bryan, That's awesome,  we are very interested in this topic, as Andres
>  > said, we are working on this area, maybe we can help you with this demo, of
>

> Do you have some Case of Study to check? i think that can help a lot
>

>  > course, making an open project if is possible. We want to build a demo in
>  > Colombia, but, we want to develop the entire grid. From generators to users,
>

> Big project, i just talked once with a friend in france about measuring and then reducing
>  costs in public light systems using smalls MCU and mesh networking.
>
>  So i really what to ask you what's the starting point for this comunication,
>  that you already know that works or what you think about it
>

>  > enabling bi-directional communication in each grid node.
>

> Last thing, i think you must register NOW a domain and put a nice home and a wiki,
>  qihardware documentation tecnical is an intersting point to start, and also
>  to make this open is best way to call people to look at it comment, sahre
>  and build.
>
>  best regards
>
>  Hope we can chat a bit in campus party  later ;)
>

>  Cristian Paul

Sincerely,
Panthera Tigris Altaica