Debuging kernel

Rafael Campos methril at gmail.com
Sun May 30 22:08:06 EDT 2010

Hi Rafael,

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Rafael Ignacio Zurita
<rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:43:13AM +0200, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
>> use that uboot this will give you kernel output in lcd and also enable
>> tp4 tp5 http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/people/xiangfu/tmp/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-u-boot.bin
>
> David, with that u-boot I was able to read kernel messages and to fix
> the problem :)
>
> Anyway, I would like to see another easier way to modify/set command line
> arguments, but for now, all is okey and that u-boot binary helped me a lot.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Rafa

I don't remember if our u-boot is able to start his console in the LCD
and allow to modify the boot params, as are explained in the u-boot
maunal [1]. If it does not, we could add this boot mode in order to
modify only the environment var "booragrs". I'm sure you could enter
the u-boot console through serial line.

Hope it helps.

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCmdGroupEnvironment

Regards,