Debian on the Nano

Rubén Berenguel ruben at mostlymaths.net
Tue May 4 04:54:50 EDT 2010

Of course I'll keep on porting. In fact, having 4th and yacas, I only
would need pari/octave/some numerical thing, lisp and a C compiler  to
have a full fledged perfect pocket device. No need for debian, if I
can get these. Any pointer on a good tiny C compiler, mips-capable?

Ruben

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 02:46, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:
> Ruben,
>
>> Do I keep making these makefiles or better forget it and install debian?
>
> First of all thank you so much for working on those makefiles to integrate
> yacas and 4th into openwrt. That's fantastic!
>
> To answer your question, I would say pick the path that allows you to get
> results faster/easier, for yourself. If that's Debian, then either you can
> still work on an OpenWrt inclusion out of the joy of learning about OpenWrt,
> or you can point others to the open issue. The most motivating thing for
> others is to see that you got something to work (success reports,
> screenshots, etc). So pick the path that gets you there first.
>
> From my own selfish perspective I would say help us integrate more into
> OpenWrt, because that will be my primary platform to bring out 100% of what
> the hardware can do. OpenWrt seems a lot more malleable and customizable
> than Debian, so it's better suited for that task. We have big plans with
> OpenWrt, because we have big plans with future devices :-)
>
> Wolfgang

* Rubén Berenguel
* Dep. de Mat. Aplicada i Anàlisi
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 585