Ben's software: a user perspective

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat May 8 03:56:16 EDT 2010

Fernando,

> But, I think (personal opinion...) that the Ben should be graced with a
> reasonable suite of user-friendly GUI utilities, properly integrated
> with gmenu2x. Like gmu, as an example.

> I think that the Ben would shine with:
> I think we also need to address some long standing bugs:

thanks for writing this up, I think there will be no flames whatsoever
because pretty much everybody agrees with your priorities (as you can see
from the other answers already).

Just want to make sure - we are all talking about the OpenWrt images here?
The set of applications that should come preinstalled in an image?

Is our projects server at projects.qi-hardware.com the right way to handle
contributions into the image?
Is the wiki the right way to organize the schedule, test plan, feature
wishlist, milestones, documentation?

> Maybe, if some of you share my point of view, we could try and organize a
> developing team. In my opinion, this team should be actively driven by
> Sharism/QI staff people and work steadily (if slowly), by milestones, in
> order not to waste resources.

So let's define milestones. In the wiki?

I would offer to go through the wiki pages and align them along the lines
described by Fernando, as a first step. If anybody thinks that's not a good
idea let me know.
Fernando - thanks again for writing this up!
Wolfgang