Battery standby

Adam Wang adam at sharism.cc
Tue May 11 05:51:39 EDT 2010

> I am thinking of writing some small C program running continuously
> (every 5-10 min?) via cron, that does some analysis on cat
> /sys/class/power_supply/capacity, i.e. estimated run time left, sound
> alert if cap<5 and such things. Is there any interest on this?

You can check [1] for discharge and [2] for charge introductions firstly.
Hmm, your idea is reachable in measurement. I'm also interested on how
rapid discharge/charge rate and slope will be via continuously
measures in plotting current / voltage.
Adam

[1] http://www.mpoweruk.com/performance.htm#offset
[2] http://www.mpoweruk.com/chargers.htm#rates