SDL very slow

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Wed May 12 21:23:25 EDT 2010

Hi Fernando

I can sure that soft-float enabled by default.

[Advanced configuration options (for developers)] -->
	[Target Options] -->
		[Use software floating point by default]

in rules.mk line:140
ifeq ($(CONFIG_SOFT_FLOAT),y)
   SOFT_FLOAT_CONFIG_OPTION:=--with-float=soft
   TARGET_CFLAGS+= -msoft-float
else
   SOFT_FLOAT_CONFIG_OPTION:=
endif

or you can look into the SDL config.log file. you will found something like:
Configured with:
  --with-float=soft

On 05/13/2010 05:40 AM, Fernando wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm finding SDL to be very slow on the Ben (I'm using image 2010-04-09).

by the way
just want know, how to test SDL speed?

> Is it possible that it's compiled without soft-float, thus relying on (very
> slow) kernel fp emulation?
> Where are cflags defined in the openwrt-xburst tree?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fernando

Best Regards
Xiangfu Liu