openwrt-xburst compilation errors

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Wed May 19 06:57:15 EDT 2010

Hey,

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 20:55 -0400, Ernest Kugel wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm also running into some compilation errors with the
> Qi .config.
>
> I'm following the instructions on this page:
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Building_Software_Image#Building_OpenWrt-image_from_source
>
> To make sure it was not my .config changes that messed the build, I've
> used the .config from Qi as is, and still ran into errors. The halting
> one seems to be:
>
> checking for std::locale... yes
> ./configure: line 29952: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
> ./configure: line 29953: syntax error: unexpected end of file
> make[3]: ***
> [/home/user/sandbox/openwrt-xburst/build_dir/host/gmp-4.3.1/.configured] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/user/sandbox/openwrt-xburst/tools/gmp'
> make[2]: *** [tools/gmp/compile] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/sandbox/openwrt-xburst'
> make[1]: ***
> [/home/user/sandbox/openwrt-xburst/staging_dir/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.30.1/stamp/.tools_install_nnynn] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/sandbox/openwrt-xburst'
> make: *** [world] Error 2

Xiangfu is right - gmp is a host-prerequisite and can't be compiled. At
this point it has nothing to do with cross-compiling, etc. yet.

Could you tell us a bit about your setup? Operating system, etc. -
anything special on your side?

> A smaller inconvenience, which I had not confirmed, seems to be errors
> in mx2's Makefile:
>
> ERROR: please fix target/linux/mx2/Makefile

That's a bug of OpenWrt and will be eliminate during next merge with
upstream - however it has nothing to do with the xburst-target the
NanoNote is using and could be ignored therewith.

mirko