OIN

Mirko Vogt lists at nanl.de
Wed May 19 07:06:26 EDT 2010

Hey,

OpenWrt joined OIN as well.

There was some discussion going on internally about whether joining them
or not.

The final decision was (summarized) based on:
We don't like software-patents.
We don't actually want to deal with them.
However they exist and we can not ignore this fact.
That's why - facing the current predicament - we decided to join the
OIN, as we thought it would help us - as an open source project - more
than harming us.

We should balance in which way we can simply ignore software patents vs.
in which way we have to face and deal with them.

mirko