Future Copyleft devices

Kristoffer Ericson kristoffer.ericson at gmail.com
Tue May 25 12:53:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 09:22:17AM -0700, Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> As cool as our little Nanonote is, before too long it would
> be cool to reverse engineer and copyleft a tablet device.
>
> Check out [1] which shows a plethora of Android based tablets.
> The Apad sounds very interesting. [2]
>
> [1] http://www.apad-scene.blogspot.com/
> [2] http://apad-scene.blogspot.com/2010/05/wait-minute-i-came-here-for-apads.html
>
> SEMI-UNRELATED:
> With over 500 Nanonotes now out in the wild, why is this list so quiet?
> Where is the passion, the enthusiasm? Fair question, methinks. ;)

Ive pondered that also. Generally I think people are waiting for
cool stuff to arrive, which is not suprising since the
software is still somewhat in development.
It would also benefit from having more images/youtube movies
where the ben is doing something kewl, the current mostly
show unboxing/booting/installing.
We need somekind of slashdotting "hey I use my nanonote to
control my cat" stuff.

That said, since alot of people that bought an nanonote
is developers they tend to more hang out inside IRC rather
than mailinglists.

> [rjeffries puts on his fireproof clothing]

FATALITY!