Future Copyleft devices

Fernando Carello fcarello at libero.it
Wed May 26 05:00:39 EDT 2010

I am a bit confused, why a user should be interested in a wikipedia reader which can't connect to the Internet (without a cable and a Linux host PC, that is) to at least update its wikipedia database?

A dictionary sounds very interesting, if the interface is easy to use.

Time ago I proposed to open a wiki page where we can track volounteers for the various tasks.

Say, a simple table with:

Name
Group joining date
Main skills
Tasks interested into
Assigned tasks and roles
Notes

Example:

Name
"Fernando Carello"
Group joining date
"20100103"
Main skills
"C, SQL"
Tasks interested into
"Image viewer, PIM, GUI launcher"
Assigned tasks and roles
"imgv (programmer)"
Notes
"Not able to integrate stuff into git, not able to build OpenWRT packages"

Then I think we should extend (add some fields) to the table in:

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/NanoNote_Software_Projects#Software

along the lines of:

Name
"imgv"
Category
"image viewer"
Description
"Command-line, SDL-based image viewer"
Target distro
"OpenWRT"
Language
"C"
Libraries/Toolkits
"SDL, SDL_image, SDL_gfx, DirectFB"
Link
"<link to project page>"
Reference maintainer
"Fernando Carello"
Latest version and status
"0.2.1, Useable"
What's to be done
"Image navigation, gmenu2x integration, file browser integration"
Skills needed
"C, shell scripting"

Then we should have a look at this page

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Applications

because from my point of view is a bit messy and would need to be merged with other pages, like the aforementioned

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/NanoNote_Software_Projects#Software

and

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Nanonote_Software_Demos

But, most important, a BIG LARGE

"Ben Nanonote Software"

link should be present in the main page of

http://sharism.cc/products/ben-nanonote/

because right now, it's not easy at all to find those pages.

Now, I can't volunteer to implement these web-related changes because I know nothing about wiki or CSS and very little about HTML; plus I have very little spare time, which I think I'd better spend coding. :-)

So I think it would be great to have a volounteer who is proficient in HTML/CSS/Wiki and can maintain Ben-software-related pages on a regular basis. :-)

That's my *personal* view of course!

Fernando