Future Copyleft devices

Fredrik Appelberg fredrik.appelberg at gmail.com
Wed May 26 10:42:10 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Sam Geeraerts <samgee at elmundolibre.be>wrote:

> Ron K. Jeffries schreef:
>
>  With over 500 Nanonotes now out in the wild, why is this list so quiet?
>> Where is the passion, the enthusiasm? Fair question, methinks. ;)
>>

> I'm mostly lurking because I don't know much about hardware and low level
> software development and I don't have much time to play with my NanoNote. I
> bought it for the same reason I bought a GP2X, a Freerunner and a YeeLoong:
> I very much want free-software-friendly hardware to succeed. More open
> hardware (and especially copyleft hardware) would make the free software
> ecosystem much more comfortable (cooperation between hardware and software
> devs instead of NDAs and reverse engineering).

Hi everyone, another lurker here. I pretty much bought my Nano for the same
reason as Sam did; mostly because I wanted to support the project, but also
because I wanted a new toy to play around with. After 10 grueling years of
Java it's actually a bit of fresh air mucking around with Makefiles and
having to learn C all over again. :)

BTW, I put together a New User's Guide on the wiki in case anyone is
interested:
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote_New_User_Guide

Cheers,
-- Fredrik