Nanonote Uses...

Alexander Langshall frankblues at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:59:33 EDT 2010

Well, I've been a happy Nanonote user for a few weeks now, and here are my
usual uses:

1. IRC. I leave it hooked up to my laptop, and instead of a seperate window
for IRC, I can have a seperate keyboard and screen. With bitlbee on my
laptop, I can have IM as well.
2. Yet another music player.
3. Simple notetaking with nano (nano on the nano, eh?)
4. General linux mucking around.

I would like to see more software made available through the "opkg" tool...
editors, games, etc... I'd also like to see system updates migrate towards
opkg rather than re-flash, re-flash, re-flash.

I'd also like a few ham radio utilities, but I'll probably have to figure
out how to port them myself, and how to hack the microphone input to give an
input port. It would make a great little decoder for PSK31 / other digital
radio modes.

I'm attracted to hacking on the nanonote for the same reasons I was once
attracted to hacking on the Commodore 64 - a limited but well known hardware
system with open and accessable programming languages will attract unique
and interesting software systems to it.

It's also just a lot of fun!

--
---