Future Copyleft devices

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Thu May 27 10:48:04 EDT 2010

Including  radio such as HopeRF in a future Qi Hardware device is very
interesting. Such devices are immediately useful for some tasks, such
as home control and talking to remote sensors.

But it make ZERO sense to ignore WiFi.

WiFi gives the user access to high bandwidth Internet
in a cafe, bookstore, and many of the ten of thousands of public and
private hotspots.

Open source drivers for the Atheros chip are available in Linux.
There's no reason I can understand to not adopt this enabling
technology while we drive toward the long term goal of controlling
every gate of an open hardware design.

May 1,000 flowers bloom.
---
Ron K. Jeffries